Monday, July 31, 2006

The Fishery

The Fishery 924 Lake Pasadena 626-791-3474 While driving to a friend's house I dropped by The Fishery. I noticed a pizza place next door but I was in the mood for some fish so I stopped in at The Fishery. Pictured is a small basket, three pieces, of Whiting for $3.79. The fish is fried to order so expect a wait. The fish was pipping hot and was very crunchy, almost too crunchy. The batter they use has some canjun seasonings. But the fish was bland and lack flavor. The tartar sauce had some mustard in there which made it a little more spicy than regular tartar sauce. Service was decent. The lady first said $4.78 and I said that can't be right. She changed it but I don't think she made the mistake on accident. I would not go back to The Fishery. The fish was below average and the service, trying to overcharge people is bad business. I will try the pizza place next door soon