Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Philly’s Best-Placentia



Philly’s Best
198 Yorba Linda Blvd.
Placentia CA
714-996-3278

Philly's Best has many locations in Orange County and have started to expand to LA County. At all locations the cheesesteaks and hoagies are very good.

Pictured is an American hoagie with ham, salami, bologna and cheese for $5.92. They put mayo, lettuce, tomato, onions and peppers. The onions and peppers, which I decide to try for the first time, really ruin the taste of the hoagie. The peppers have a nasty bitter taste. I took the onions and peppers off after the first bite. The other ingredients were fresh and the hoagie was good. But I think I think the prices are still on the high side and Philly's Best isn't a good value.

Service is OK. The lady who took my order was fine. But it took forever to get my order. The guy who ordered a cheesesteak after me got his order before I did. They didn't have to cook my order so I don't know what took so long!!!

Of the three Philly's Best locations I've been to, San Dimas and Walnut are the others, Placentia is the slowest location in terms of service and I believe they give you less meat on the sandwiches.

There is no reason for me to return to this Philly's Best location.