Friday, October 14, 2005

Woody’s BBQ-Rancho Cucamonga-Closed


Property of The New Diner


Woody’s BBQ
11897 Foothill Blvd
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730-3910
909-291-8125

This is one of three locations, the other locations being Inglewood and LA.

I have been to the Rancho location four times. Three of those times I got the pork ribs dinner. They give you 4-5 pieces of ribs and they ribs are very meaty. The sauce is good but a little on the spicy side. The ribs are tender but I find they lack a smoke flavor. Pictured is the pork rib dinner with two sides, baked beans and potatoe salad for $11.26. Again good size ribs with lots of meat. But I still can't taste any smoke flavor. The beans are drowned in the bbq. The potatoe salad is served cold. Which I like. But both the baked beans and potatoe salad aren't anything to write home about.

The other time I went to Woody's a buddy and I did a taste test. We tried Woody's, Redhill and Wilhitte's all at once. We got the three meat combo from each place, pork ribs, beef ribs, and sliced beef. The beef at Woody's is very good. First they use tri-tip instead of the more fatty, brisket. They also slow smoke the beef for a long time, so it comes out nice and tender. I rarely order sliced or chopped beef at BBQ restaurants, but I would order Woody's sliced beef.

The Rancho location is on the north side of the minor league baseball stadium. But I wouldn't go to a game there anymore. The last time I went, my car was broken into and the help by the stadium officials and police was sorely lacking.