Friday, September 09, 2005

Bernie's-Closed


Bernie's
1299 S. Harbor Blvd
La Habra, CA 90631
714-525-2186

In front of Great Wall Mongolian BBQ is Bernie's. This location is the third location for Bernie's. They used to be on Beach Blvd. in Buena Park but were displaced by the 5 freeway. Then they moved to Beach and Commonwealth in Buena Park and then they moved to La Habra about a month ago.

A nice, clean, comfortable diner type restaurant. I ordered the pastrami burger with wet fries. When I ordered the pastrami burger I asked that no onions and pickles on the burger. The waitress wrote down the request and went to put in the order. The order comes up and there are problems. I get the pastrami sandwich and not the pastrami burger, even after I went through the trouble of asking for no pickles and onions on the burger. The waitress took the order back and got the right order.

The pastrami burger as you can see is very big. Always a plus. The patties was juicy and flavorful. I thought the pastrami had a little too much fat but otherwise is fine. I did like the burger and the price is right at $6.75. The fries was a little undercooked and the gravy was your typical gravy from a box.

The food is good here and I would come back. The prices are almost all under $10 and they do give you a lot of food. Other than the waitress messing up my order she was attentive and I didn't lack for anything during the meal.

I would like to come back for breakfast but hopefully better service. I don't want my eggs scrambled when I ordered eggs over hard. But I'm willing to give them another try.

Interesting note, their take out menu doesn't have their address.