Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ani's Chicken



Ani's Chicken
528 Montebello Blvd.
Montebello
323-888-0750

Kebobs in Montebello. As I've said in other reviews, I was surprised to see so many kebob places in Montebello, a mostly Hispanic area. Ani's is one of the better kebob places. If only their service was better.

I ordered the chicken breast kebob, $7.39 and the combo kebob with beef and chicken kebobs. All plates included rice and salad and hummus. The hummus is great.

The chicken breast was awesome. Full of flavor and tender and juicy. Some chicken kebobs can be dry but Ani's did this chicken breast right. Oh so good.

The beef kebob was also good. The beef was pretty tender and it was also full of flavor. I did take off the onions, I think they would have overwhelmed the flavor of the beef.

The only thing about Ani's is the service. The punk kid who took my order was rude and just a plain jerk. I asked him how many skewers come with each kebob plate. He said like it shows in the picture. Well I didn't see the damn picture. Plus a picture doesn't tell me much. Why he couldn't say two skewers come with each plate, is beyond me. Many the punk kid is too stupid? When my to go, order was ready he just handed the bag to me. There were no, thank you or anything. This punk kid needs to learn customer service.

I'm not sure if I would go back to Ani's. Yes the food is great. But the service just sucks. They need to learn how to treat customers.