Monday, October 16, 2006

JoJo's Pizza Kitchen-Closed


JoJo's Pizza Kitchen
3560 Temple
Pomona
909-444-9113

JoJo's location in Pomona is listed on their website and menu as being independently owned and operated. I enjoy the pizza but I was surprised from the lack of people there at lunch. With Cal Poly Pomona so close, I figured it would be very crowded for lunch. But while there was a steady crowd it was nothing overwhelming.

I ordered the lunch special, two, one topping slices of pizza and a soda for $6.48. The pizza is a thin crust, NY style pizza. It wasn't crispy or charred, like many NY style pizzas, but it was hot and fresh. They were also huge, I would say about a quarter of a large pizza. I thought the amount of cheese and pepperoni was very good, they don't cheat you out of anything. The pizza is a little on the greasy side, so that could be good or bad depending on your point of view.

Service is very good. You're greeted quickly and the person at the cashier, who looks like he is the manager or owner, was friendly and helpful. There seems to be regular lunch crowd because he was joking around with many people. The pizza came up quickly and like I said was hot and fresh.

I would go back to JoJo's. The pizza is very good and for whole pizzas, after the third topping, all other toppings are free.

Update June 7, 2008.



I went back to JoJo's and ordered a large half pepperoni and half sausage pizza for $19.76. The pizza was great, though the crust was a bit undercooked. There was a ton of cheese and both pepperoni and sausage though it needed a little more sauce.

Service was OK. The guy who took my phone order spoke with a heavy accent. It took a little longer than it should, but in the end the pizza was great.