Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Taqueria De Anda





Taqueria De Anda
602 W Chapman Ave,
Placentia, CA 92870
714-528-2671

Coming back from a friend's house I decide to have a late night snack at Taqueria De Anda. This is a medium sized taco place on Chapman. The menu is basic, tacos, burritos, menudo, and some combos with rice and beans.

The tacos are $1.07 each. So I ordered the carne asada, el pastor, and chicken tacos. The tacos all come with a red sauce and onions.

I tried the el pastor first. I normally ordered carnitas but I'm starting to like el pastor. The el pastor was nice and flavorful on it's own. But the red sauce really overpowers the taste of the meat. But if there is no red sauce it would be a very dry taco. Next time I may ask for the red sauce on the side and put it on to taste.

The same goes for the chicken taco. Too much red sauce, which starts easy and then the heat hits. But the chicken is nice and tender and all those Mexican spices make it damn good.

The carne asada taco was good too but the meat was a little tough. They need to marinate the meat a little more. But it also had nice flavor but was over powered by the red sauce.

I would go back here again. I think it's better than El Gallo Giro.

I'm going to email my fellow blogger at The Great Taco Hunt and see if he will review this.