Monday, February 20, 2006

Jeff's Gourmet Sausage Factory



Jeff's Gourmet Sausage Factory
8930 W. Pico
LA
310-858-8590

The search for the best hot dog is over. The best hot dog in LA is at Jeff's Gourmet Sausage Factory. The regular all beef hot dog is so flavorful with the perfect blend of spices nothing in LA comes close. The hot dog doesn't have any natural casing but that doesn't take anything away from the taste. The hot dog is the third picture down and costs $2.50. I had deli mustard and raw onions on there and it was great. The bun isn't toasted or anything but the hot dog is so good it doesn't matter. They offer a jumbo dog for $4.50 which I will try again very soon.

I also ordered a polish sausage sandwich with a plain bun instead of an onion roll, that is stated on the menu, for $4.50. The polish sausage is not spicy but has a very good flavor. The menu says a garlicy flavor but I didn't taste any garlic. I didn't care for the sauerkraut they put on there. But otherwise a good polish sandwich. But I'm more impressed with the hot dog.

When ordering the two guys taking your orders are very nice and helpful. But for whatever reason my hot dog and polish sausage took forever. I sat down at a table and waited for about five minutes. I went up after seeing somebody behind me get his burger. The other guy, who didn't take my order, said it would be another five minutes.

Now the hot dog was very good and hot. So I'm not really complaining. But it did seem a little too long to wait for a hot dog and sausage. The cooks forgot to put the mustard and onions on my hot dog but quickly got the order correct.

If that fat idiot from the Hot Dog Spot reviewed this place he would make stupid, racist comments about the large amount of Jewish people eating there. But I don't care who is eating where I'm eating. Unless it's a good looking women and I saw four very beautiful women at Jeff's Gourmet when I was there.

I would certainly go back for the hot dog and may try a burger or a pastrami or corned beef sandiwch. A nice discovery!!!