Thursday, August 25, 2005

Mom’s Bar B Q House


Mom’s Bar B Q House
14062 Vanowen St.
Van Nuys CA 91405
818-786-1373

Simply put, I love this place!!!! The pork ribs are so good. Nice and tender. The sauce is a little on the spicy side for me but one of the better sauces around.

Lunch specials include a three piece pork ribs with two sides for about $7.50 tax included. The macaroni salad is good. The corn on the cobb is fine, not that sweet but I don't go to a BBQ place to eat corn.

The parking lot is very small and service though friendly can be slow. But those are easy to put up with when you have the best BBQ pork ribs in the Valley.

Update June 14, 2009.





I went back to Mom's Bar B Q House and ordered the half rack of pork ribs, $9.99, and a fried chicken breast, $3.00.

They couldn't fill a complete order for the half rack, so they said they would give me rib tips to make up for it. Well this order was huge!!!! I got about five ribs, which is close enough to a half rack. But I must have gotten 2lbs of rib tips!!!! So this was well worth the price. The ribs were tender, had a nice smoke flavor, and the sauce added, but didn't overpower the ribs.

Mom's also serves soul food items like gumbo, smothered pork chops, and fried chicken. So I got a fried chicken breast. The skin was crunchy and flavorful. Inside was moist and tender. If I lived in the Valley, I would come to Mom's for fried chicken. This maybe the best place in the Valley for fried chicken.

Service was good but still a bit slow.